Drumcell: Hypoxia - A Constant Preparation For Loss (Only a few limited edition 12" vinyl remaining)


 Drumcell:
Hypoxia is a new project i created to pay homage to the science fiction, late night cult film soundtracks that inspired me so much growing up. The sounds of artists like John Carpenter, Wendy Carlos, Goblin, and Vangelis played a big role to a kid who spent most of the 80's watching movies on VHS over and over again. I wanted this release to step away from the dance floor and into a broader space of contemplative drama. The Hypoxia tracks were single takes I performed live on my Buchla Music Easel, (a portable semi modular synthesizer that was originally created in the early 1970’s). The signal was then fed through Eventide Space Reverb and recorded to an old Akai reel-to-reel tape with no post-production or overdubs.

I really wanted this project to be crafted 100% in Los Angeles, California, including me having a personal hand in every step. For me it was the first time in over a decade to take this task on my own. From writing and performing, final mastering and plating, pressing the records, creating the artwork and designing the packaging, and finally silk-screening the jackets. I purposely cut out any distributors and wanted to sell on Bandcamp, individually shipping these records to supporters directly.

Limited to 200 pressings, Hypoxia comes in an assortment of five colors, each carefully crafted by hand-mixing the vinyl materials at Capsule Labs Record pressing plant in L.A. The clear plastic case was individually hand silk-screened at Gliese media studios with the Drumcell sigil in red ink. All shipments include a 12x12 lithograph of artwork I created on a circuit-bent video processor made by Tachyons+.  


Grab the limited edition 12" vinyl 
before it's gone
Share on Google Plus

About Volterock

For more about Volterock, visit the Homepage: http://volterock.com

What's your story?

VISIT OUR MOTHERSHIP: